Driving 70% of the United States GDP, retail and consumer spending is a big business. And it pays to go with some of the strongest names in the sector. That’s just what we did here at Dividend.com for our Best Dividend Stocks list. Our pick has continued to provide excellent returns for investors in the year since adding it to our list.
See our original article on our pick here.
Our pick continues to be a juggernaut not only in physical locations but online as well. And it has continued to navigate the omnichannel waters of retailing with ease. This combination has provided investors with a 4.5% return since its addition on June 23, 2016.
But with new moves, buyouts and additional omnichannel applications, our pick’s best days could still be ahead.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Has more than 11,500 locations around the world.
- Growing online presence that blends brick & mortar and ecommerce.
- Staggering total revenues of more than $485 billion.
- Free cash flows of nearly $20 billion for the fiscal year 2017, with more than $14.5 billion of that coming back to shareholders in dividends and buybacks.
- Low payout ratio of 47% and a healthy growing yield of 2.75%.