There are manufacturers, and then there are manufacturers. Dividend.com’s pick for diversified manufacturing has continued to power portfolios since it was first added to our list about a year ago. And, why not? The firm produces literally tens of thousands’ worth of different products, covering all manner of sectors and end users. Moreover, that vast product catalog is sold around the world, both in developed and emerging markets.
See the original article on our pick here.
The sheer diversity of products as well as rising global economic activity has made our pick an excellent choice for investors. So excellent in fact that those investors who had chosen to buy this stock would be sitting on a 26% gain since adding it to our list on May 13, 2016. That’s enough to turn a $10,000 investment into roughly $12,600. Even better is that this return has outperformed the S&P 500 by about 7%.
When adding in the firm’s continued commitment to raising its dividend, steadily increasing earnings and, more importantly, increasing global revenue growth, our pick’s best days could still be ahead.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
1. Over $30 billion in sales last year, with around 60% coming from international sources.
2. Has paid a dividend every quarter since 1916, and has grown that payout for 59 consecutive years.
3. Continues to thrive on innovation: awarded 668 patents in 2016 alone.
4. Earnings growth at a 7.7% compounded annual rate.
5. Strong payout ratio of 52% and a healthy growing yield of just over 2%.