There’s plenty of evidence that our world is more technology driven than ever before, and Dividend.com’s pick for powering the tech space has managed to produce a high total return for investors.
Since adding our chosen firm back on May 25, 2016, investors in our pick have managed to enjoy a whopping 43% return (as of June 13, 2017) when including dividends. And influencing its high total return has been the firm’s focus on both the mainstream and the cutting edge products designed to computerize and connect our world.
See our original article on our pick here.
The combination has made our pick a powerhouse in its industry and has allowed it to generate more than $13.37 billion in revenue and $4.1 billion in free cash flow last year alone. And those cash flows have been increasingly rolled back to shareholders. Since adding our pick to the Best Dividend Stocks list dividends have increased at the firm by 31%. All in all, a $10,000 investment in our pick would be worth nearly $14,475 today. Investing the same amount of money into the S&P 500 would net you only around $12,000.
The exciting bit is that the best days for our pick could still be coming down the road.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Operates in more than 30 countries with more than 100,000 unique customers.
- Paid a dividend every quarter since 1962 and grown that payout over the last 13 years straight.
- Big player in some of the hottest trends in the tech space, such as the Internet of Things (IoT), wireless and wearable technology.
- Amazing free cash-flow generation at an 8% compounded annual rate over the last five years.
- Strong payout ratio of 51% and a healthy growing yield of 2.48%.