Quantcast
Are you getting the best rate from your broker?
Compare your broker's rates now to find out if you can save money

Choose your broker below
Welcome to Dividend.com. Please help us personalize your experience.

Select the one that best describes you
ALERT

Investors Soak up 5% Return and Consecutive Dividend Payouts With REIT From Best Dividend Stocks List

Dividend logo

As our population continues to skyrocket and long-term demand is ever increasing, a variety of commodities are facing long-term pressures. However, while we can find alternatives to some of these – like crude oil or copper – one critical commodity is confronted with a serious crunch.

That would be water.

Water reserves around the globe continue to dwindle, while demand for clean, potable water is surging. And yet, when it comes to commodities, water is almost never on investors’ minds. Blame it on the lack of futures pricing or the fact that it has been traditionally difficult to invest in; water just hasn’t been a shining star for many portfolios.

However, investors may want to start thinking about the blue gold.

With the resource getting scarcer by the day, smart investors would do right by ordering a tall glass of water for their portfolios. Over the long haul, water could be one of the best sectors and commodities in which to place our bets.

A Very Big Looming Problem

At first glance, the world seems to be awash in water. After all, more than 70% of the earth’s surface is covered with H2O. But looks can be deceiving. And that’s certainly the case here. As the old saying goes: “water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink.” The adage is correct. Roughly 97% of all the water on earth is salt water and undrinkable by man. That just leaves around 3% of the planet’s water that would be considered fresh.

To read the Full Story, Go Premium or Log In

Popular Articles

Premium Shutterstock 451182664
News

Market Wrap for August 18: Cautious Optimism

After some sensible comments from North Korea, investors finally put their guards down early in...

News

Trending: Defense Stocks and Gold Trend as Investors Worry About North Korea

Dividend.com analyzes the search patterns of our visitors each week. By sharing these trends with...

Dividend Investing Ideas Center

How Can Investors Gain Pure Dividend Exposure?

Investors in the stock market are starting to realize what investors in the bond market have...