Earnings season kicks into full force this week, as a number of major dividend payers will release results from the first three months of 2015. Here are some of the biggest and most anticipated reports of the upcoming week:
- CSX Corporation (CSX ): CSX reports after Tuesday’s close and is expected to show EPS of $0.45.
- Intel Corporation (INTC ): The major chip maker reports after the close and is expected to show EPS of $0.40.
- JP Morgan Chase (JPM ): Prior to Tuesday’s open, JPM will make its reports where analysts estimate EPS of $1.39.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ ): JNJ is expected to report EPS of $1.52 prior to Tuesday’s open.
- Wells Fargo (WFC ): WFC reports prior to the open and is expected to show EPS of $0.98
- Citigroup (C ): C will report before Thursday’s opening bell and is expected to show EPS of $1.40.
- Philip Morris International (PM ): Analysts expect to see EPS of $1.02 in PM’s pre-market earnings release.
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH ): UNH is expected to report EPS of $1.34 prior to Thursday’s open.
- Goldman Sachs (GS ): GS is expected to report EPS of $4.12 prior to the opening bell.
- American Express (AXP ): After Thursday’s closing bell, analysts will expect to see EPS of $1.37 from AXP.
The Bottom Line
As always, remember that earnings reports are two pronged: the numbers and the guidance/commentary. Often the latter can outweigh the former so be sure to look beyond the numbers in every report.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @Dividenddotcom.