The Oracle of Omaha. The Mayor of Margaritaville. Though there’s no relation between Warren and Jimmy, the two Buffetts have plenty in common. For starters, they’re both wildly successful fans of ukulele music. They’ve also been known to speak rather poetically on a wide range of topics. In fact, telling the two apart can be quite challenging; try to determine whether each of the lines below is a quote from Warren or a lyric from Jimmy:
1. We are the people our parents warned us about.
2. First there were records, then cassettes and CDs. But homemade music still makes a lot of sense to me.
3. Life's too short to live your way.
4. It's the small, small problems that keep me so upset.
5. I recommend you try a little mental floss.
6. You take the good with the bad. And be glad to have every word.
7. Gold starts out in the ground until very clever men dig it up, then weigh it, then they bury it again.
8. The wrong thing is the right thing until you lose control.
9. In my contract there's a clause that says "It's my job to be worried half to death." And that's the thing people respect in me.
10. You never know until you try.
11. Say what you mean, mean what you say.
12. One conclusion I have made is God doesn't own a car.
13. Sometimes the best map will not guide you.
14. Gunpowder is louder than Newton's laws of motion.
15. If I were you I'd just keep driving past all this useless and important information.
16. I'm the type of guy who likes it right down the middle. I don't like all this bouncing back and forth.
17. Anything you love to do, just say "someday I will."
18. What could I do that's never been done before?
19. Take care of your needs and watch out for your greeds.
20. It's my job to be different than the rest.
21. The information superhighway's locked up like a L.A. traffic jam.
22. I was supposed to have been a Jesuit priest or a Naval Academy grad.
23. Now I got quarters in my loafers trying to fight inflation.
24. I have a PBS mind in a MTV world.
25. It's been quite a lengthy passage from the dawn of time til now.
Your Score: / 25
Parrot Heads Rejoice!
You've been tricked! That's right, every one of these was a lyric from one of Jimmy's songs (yes, even the one about gold). Take a look through the questions again for some more information about each.
Want another shot? Try our Round 2 Buffett vs. Buffett Quiz.