It’s amazing how much technology has permeated our daily lives: from our workplaces and how we conduct business to how we entertain ourselves, technology is everywhere. We simply can’t function in our modern society without a hefty dose of tech. Increasingly, this now includes when we order a burger from our local greasy spoon. Leading the way is our Best Dividend Stocks List pick in the consumer sector.
See our original pick here.
As one of the largest restaurant owners in the world, our pick has undergone a huge transition in recent years. And that’s involved a major pivot into becoming a tech company. Thanks to upgrades in mobile ordering, apps and even a move into artificial intelligence, our pick could be right at home in Silicon Valley. The best part is that these moves are actually helping it win the burger wars and score more customers. For its latest quarter, our pick has now realized more than 15 consecutive quarters of positive global comparable sales growth.
Even better is that our firm’s tech aspirations are just getting started.
Thanks to its size and scale, our pick generates billions of bytes worth of data and it has only started mining that data. Meanwhile, continued restaurant improvements, aggressive pricing and rising social media sentiment are all working in our pick’s favor.
With continued profits and growing cash flows, our pick has the potential to keep its pace of dividend growth going for the long haul.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Earnings per share increased a whopping 7% for the second quarter of the year, following on the lines of big full-year and first-quarter increases.
- Quickly adopted technology across its operations, with recent moves into A.I. and mobile ordering paying big benefits.
- Over 35,000 restaurants/locations across nearly 100 countries, with an eye towards emerging markets.
- Grown its dividend for 40+ years straight and returned more than $2 billion to shareholders in the last quarter alone.
- Healthy payout ratio of 60% and growing yield of 2.15%.
Our Best Dividend Stocks List has 20 of the highest-rated stocks by our proprietary rating system. Go Premium to find out the entire list.