Dividend.com has added an international consumer discretionary firm to the Best Dividend Stocks List and removed an industrial firm from the list.
Some firms are just iconic. These stocks have transcended beyond their sectors and into the public consciousness. This gives them an enviable economic moat and plenty of steady cash flows. And when the market gets rough – just like it is today – investors continued to flock towards these stocks.
And that’s a perfect way to sum up our latest best dividend stock in the consumer discretionary sector.
As one of the largest restaurant owners in the world, our pick has moved beyond being just a discretionary item and has become a “staple” for many consumers. That’s allowed it to produce hefty amounts of free cash flows, profits and, ultimately, big dividends over its history. The best part is our new pick still has plenty of growth left in the tank.
New spending initiatives, aggressive pricing, store remodels and a hefty dose of international/emerging market sales will continue to drive our pick’s profits further down the road. And given management’s shareholder-friendly nature, dividends should continue to rise as well. In fact, investors were treated to a 15% dividend increase at the end of 2018.
All in all, our new pick’s steadfast and recession-proof nature coupled with stellar growth potential make it an ideal selection to get through the market’s continued malaise.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Produced more than $15 billion in global sales during the first nine months of 2018 and recorded 13 consecutive quarters of positive global comparable sales.
- Over 36,000 restaurants/locations in 100 countries – with an eye toward emerging markets.
- Recession-resistant product that generates plenty of cash flows and dividends for its shareholders in good times and in bad.
- Has grown its dividend for 42 years straight with its last increase being a 15% boost.
- Healthy payout ratio of 60% and growing yield of 2.60%.
Our Best Dividend Stocks List has 20 of the highest-rated stocks by our proprietary rating system. Go Premium to find out the entire list.