Dividend Investing Ideas Center
Have you ever wished for the safety of bonds, but the return potential...
While the pandemic changed plenty about our society, arguably one of the biggest changes has come to how we shop. As we quarantined and stayed at home, omnichannel and online retailing was pushed into the forefront. Those stores that got it right saw their profits, revenues, and shareholder rewards surge during the pandemic.
That includes our retailing Best Dividend Stock List Pick in the sector.
Our pick has already made a name for itself as an ‘Amazon-proof’ retailer featuring items that can’t be easily ordered online and shipped. But thanks to new tech-upgrades, our pick continued to expand during the pandemic and was able to pivot to a successful ‘click & mortar’ machine. In fact, overall net sales jumped 23% during the year.
The best part is our pick continues to see massive growth along all its business lines.
With the COVID-19 crisis beginning to ease up, our pick is poised to see consumers return to its stores. Thanks to stimulus efforts, better job prospects, and pent-up demand, consumers are ready to spend. Meanwhile, the firm’s smart pivot to more online and ‘“click & collect’ operations has allowed it to keep more customers than before the crisis. Already, all of this is starting to pay benefits for our pick. Sales for the first quarter of this year have already increased by more than 40% on a year-over-year basis.
Adding its new business lines in the fast-growing pet-care sector, and you have a recipe for further growth and gains.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
1. Its focus on a specialized and ‘Amazon-proof’ rural market niche allows for a wide moat.
2. It continues to see sales growth during the COVID-19 pandemic, with sales surging more than 40% in the first quarter of this year.
3. It has increased its dividend steadily, with its latest increase being over 30% at the start of the year.
4. New store concepts in the pet-care sector are fueling torrid growth.
5. It has a healthy payout ratio of 28% and growing yield of 1.15%.
Our Best Dividend Stocks List has 20 of the highest-rated stocks by our proprietary rating system. Go Premium to find out the entire list.