If you’ve been following the news lately, conflict seems to be all around us. From the wildfires in the Amazon to civil unrest in Hong Kong, law enforcement and emergency services workers seem to have their hands full. Luckily, our Best Dividend Stocks List pick in the communications sector is making the lives of emergency workers a bit more manageable.
Our pick makes all the necessary secured communication equipment needed by emergency workers to do their jobs. These mission-critical products are must-haves for law enforcement, the military and the emergency workforce. With rising spending by many emergency and military units, our pick’s leadership position in this field has continued to pay plenty of benefits for shareholders.
But our pick isn’t just a one-trick pony. A few years ago, our pick moved from being just a provider of radio equipment to one that offers a variety of software and other services. With a hefty dose of cloud computing products covering everything from evidence management to video surveillance, our pick has only seen its revenues and profits surge further. This has allowed it to boost dividends and buybacks for its shareholders. Even better is that our pick has started to take the show internationally and has continued to rack up plenty of global contracts.
Thanks to its robust balance sheet and hefty cash flows, our pick has been smartly using M&A to both enhance and grow its future. Additional software and high-tech products are only increasing its margins further. With software and recurring revenues now driving the show, our pick should be able to keep the dividends growing for the long haul. Afterall, there’s always a need for emergency services.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Sales jumped 6% to nearly $2 billion in the second quarter of this year, with profits surging by more than 15%!
- Continues to use M&A to add additional services and software to its umbrella.
- Recurring revenues from software and services now make up the bulk of its revenues and they continue to increase.
- Steadily increased its dividend since its spinout back in 2011; recently raised its dividend by 10% at the beginning of 2019
- Healthy payout ratio of 35% and yield of 1.30%.
Our Best Dividend Stocks List has 20 of the highest-rated stocks by our proprietary rating system. Go Premium to find out the entire list.