The technology sector has long been the place to find growth for portfolios. But most investors would be shocked to find that some of tech’s old kings are still major growth engines. Many of the former dot-com giants are still dominating their smaller and new rivals in a major way. And that includes our newest Best Dividend Stocks List pick in the sector.
Our pick was one of the major players in the dot-com days of rising internet/personal computing. That’s still true today. However, our pick has managed to pivot its business model into the cloud and more enterprise offerings. By using a services and subscription-based model, our firm has become a cash flow machine. More importantly, those hefty cash flows have turned into a steady diet of dividend increases and plenty of share buybacks.
But our latest pick isn’t done growing just yet.
The firm has continued to expand its offerings and used its hefty cash hoard to buy smaller rivals to add to its cloud operations. And it continues to expand its presence in the cloud to more consumer and entertainment offerings. These moves have only picked up speed and enhanced its cash flows further. With a hefty dose of new high-tech gadgets, services and enterprise growth behind it, our pick has just what a portfolio needs to power income and capital gains far into the future.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Earnings per share increased a whopping 18% for fiscal year 2018 and the firm recorded more than $110 billion in total sales.
- Huge winner from shift to the cloud/services with torrid growth in both consumer and enterprise operations.
- Smartly using M&A to boost its own operations and add new sources of growth to its cloud business.
- Has grown its dividend for 15 years straight and its quarterly payout by 475% since initiation.
- Healthy payout ratio of 43% and growing yield of 1.56%.