Simply amazing. That’s the only way to describe the past fiscal year for our Best Dividend Stocks List pick in the retail sector. Everyone has heard the story about how the retail sector is struggling as consumer spending habits change. The tsunami of online and omnichannel shopping has wiped out many retailers, left empty storefronts and caused plenty of heartbreak for many portfolios.
But our Best Dividend Stocks List pick in the sector isn’t one of them.
The firm continues to navigate these secular headwinds with ease. Building on its operating footprint, the firm has embraced technology to improve its overall shopping experience – whether that’s in-store, online or both. And its moves into and success in omnichannel retailing are paying some big benefits for its shareholders.
See the original article on our pick here.
Sales continue to surge at the retailer. So much so that it plans on hiring thousands of workers to help fill various roles. Even with the hiring spree, the firm’s cash flows continue to be the envy of the sector. Those cash flows have been so robust, our pick recently managed to increase its dividend payout by a whopping 30%+. No that isn’t a typo.
The best part, is that even after such a banner year our pick has plenty of growth still left in the tank. A helpful boost from the Federal Reserve should provide a bump to consumers, while the firm continues to expand its omnichannel technology offerings. The combination should help our pick deliver another year of record results.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Sales jumped more than 7% to go past the $100 billion mark in fiscal 2018. A record for the retailer!
- The firm has managed to navigate the omnichannel waters with ease – using its massive store footprint, informational tutorials and apps to drive the shopping experience.
- The firm is benefiting from the Federal Reserve’s pause on interest rates and the Republican Tax Plan.
- Steadily paid a dividend since its IPO and recently increased its payment by more than 30% as well as increased its buyback program to $15 billion!
- Healthy payout ratio of 56% and a healthy growing yield of 2.88%.
Our Best Dividend Stocks List has 20 of the highest-rated stocks by our proprietary rating system. Go Premium to find out the entire list.