What global slowdown? That’s the question our Best Dividend Stocks List pick in the industrial sector is asking these days. As rival industrial firms brace for slowing growth in key markets like China and Europe, our pick has continued to power ahead. In fact, our pick has continued to beat analysts’ estimates by a wide margin. This quarter alone, our pick smashed profits by nearly 30%. Meanwhile, full-year profit growth surged by over 8%.
The reason comes down to the firm’s continued focus on the strong aerospace and infrastructure markets. Products in these areas continue to see demand from both governments and commercial customers. And thanks to a smart buy-out over the summer, our pick’s new forays into the “connected aerospace” sector and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) markets are paying off big time.
So much so that our pick was recently added to the coveted Dividend Aristocrat list due to its strong history of cash flows and payout increases.
But the story gets even better for our pick and its investors. That’s because our pick is planning on splitting into three separate companies. This will allow each of its main divisions to keep the growth going as well as provide investors the potential to hone in on individual opportunities and the style of income they can/will produce, from larger initial yields to potentially faster dividend growth.
With a strong backdrop of demand, a continuing rising backlog, higher margins thanks to high-tech software/solutions and plenty of growth ahead, our pick continues to be a great portfolio position for investors.
Check out our original pick here.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Recently added to the Dividend Aristocrat list, thanks to its long history of dividend increases. This includes its last payout bump of 5%.
- Top play in the digital aerospace and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) market.
- Full-year 2018 revenue clocked in just over $65 billion, an increase of more than 8% over last year’s numbers as well as smashing earlier estimates.
- Global product portfolio spanning government and private clients in a variety of industrial and infrastructure markets.
- Healthy payout ratio of 41% and growing yield of 2.54%.
Our Best Dividend Stocks List has 20 of the highest-rated stocks by our proprietary rating system. Go Premium to find out the entire list.