These days, investors have been focusing on “boring” stocks. With the mounting economic pressures, high volatility and chance for recession growing, companies that pay steady dividends – year in and year out – are once again on the menu for many investors. This includes our Best Dividend Stocks List pick in the utilities sector. After all, utilities are known for their stability no matter what the economy throws at them.
But boring doesn’t have to mean low-to-no growth.
Our pick is chock full of growth potential as well. From burgeoning midstream and pipeline muscle to new operations overseas, our selection has continued to see impressive earnings growth from its wide portfolio of assets and operating base. So much so, that our pick is on track to see roughly 20% year-over-year growth in its earnings in fiscal 2018. That’s very impressive for a “boring” old utility.
See the original article on our pick here.
More impressive is its continued dedication to its dividend. Our pick has managed to raise its payout for more than 30 consecutive years. And with earnings growth like that, higher payouts are almost assured.
For investors, the current market environment has our pick the must-have addition to any income portfolio.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Has paid common dividends for 135 consecutive years.
- Vast regional monopoly in a highly populated area of the country.
- Features plenty of stable utility and midstream natural gas distribution assets.
- Wide natural/LPG gas distribution network overseas and features assets in 17 different countries.
- Healthy payout ratio of less than 38% and growing yield of 1.81%.
Our Best Dividend Stocks List has 20 of the highest-rated stocks by our proprietary rating system.