Global Snack Foods Giant With Strong and Growing Cash Flows Makes it Onto Best Dividend Stocks List
Alejandro Barreto Nov 21, 2018
Dividend.com has added a consumer products firm to the Best Dividend Stocks List and removed an international energy stock from the list.
There’s no doubt that volatility has started to rise and investors are getting a tad nervous these days. As a result, high-growth stocks are no longer on the menu for many portfolios. But just because you’re swearing off of tech and biotech stocks doesn’t mean you can’t get some growth with safety. And our latest consumer staples Best Dividend Stocks List pick is a prime example of having your cake and eating it too.
Our pick was created in a spin-off a few years ago in order to help unlock growth from its parent. Well, it turns out our latest pick’s portfolio of cookies, crackers and other snacks is getting the last laugh. Discretionary snacks and candy provide the perfect mix of steady cash flows and growth potential. This fact has continued to power our pick since its spin-off, in both capital appreciation and dividend increases.
With new moves into emerging markets and organic/healthy snacking, our pick has a long runway to keep the growth coming for years to come.
For investors, our new pick provides just the right combination through the current market malaise with ease.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Global reach with operations across both developed and emerging markets. Sales are roughly split 60/40%, leading to plenty of growth.
- Leading snack food company with more than $25 billion in sales recorded in 2017.
- Expanded margins have allowed for plenty of free-cash generation, with more than $3 billion recorded last year.
- Since its spin-off, our pick has managed to steadily increase its dividend, with its last increase being more than 18%!
- Healthy payout ratio of 42% and growing yield of 2.35%.
Get Email Updates
Join over 100,000 investors who get the latest news from Dividend.com
Check out our latest update to the Best Dividend Stocks List, wherein a...