If there is one word that can be used to describe our Best Dividend Stocks List real estate investment trust (REIT), it would have to be ‘dominance.’
Operating in an area that features high incomes, limited room to grow and high barriers to entry, our pick has a near monopoly status when it comes to the office and shopping real estate sub-sectors. As a result, rent growth and occupancy levels remain robust. That dominance has continued to power cash flows, earnings and, ultimately, dividends for its shareholders. This has certainly been true since we made our initial selection back in the summer of 2016.
To top it off, our pick is using that dominant strategy to further expand its holdings.
Thanks to a series of shrewd buyouts – including expanding into another region that also features high incomes, limited room to build and high barriers to entry – our pick has the potential to keep rents rising and occupancy full. For our pick’s investors, it means that the dividends and earnings growth should continue long into the future.
In the end, real estate is all about location, and our real estate Best Dividend Stocks pick has that in spades.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- It focuses on high barrier-to-entry office and apartment buildings with a strong, affluent customer base.
- Recent expansion plans involve adding more properties in its home markets, creating an additional barrier to an already high entry-barrier market.
- For the full year of 2017, adjusted funds from operations (AFFO) grew by nearly 11%.
- Since the recession, our pick has been a strong dividend growth contender with its latest payout increase hitting almost 9%.
- It has a healthy payout ratio of 50% and a forward yield of 2.79%.
See the original article on our pick here.
The DARS model has been updated recently. Find out more about these changes here.