Gains in real estate simply come down to location, location, location. And that certainly has held true for Dividend.com’s Best Dividend Stocks List’s pick in the sector.
Thanks to our pick’s long-standing focus on one particularly high-demand area, it’s managed to generate a 5.44% return, excluding dividends, since adding the stock to our list on July 6, 2016. That’s enough to turn a $10,000 investment into $10,544.
See our original article on our pick here.
What’s even better is the firm’s focus on two of the biggest trends in real estate. With limited room to grow in its key operating region, our pick’s buildings continue to command high occupancy rates and even higher rents. Add in a smart dose of buyout activity and you have a recipe for continued long-term success. For investors, that means bigger dividends and capital appreciation.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- A focus on high barrier to entry office and apartment buildings – with a strong affluent customer base.
- Over the last ten years, funds from operations has grown by 71%.
- Annual revenues exceeded $700 million last year.
- Has raised its payout by 130% since the recession.
- Healthy payout ratio of 48% and improving yield of 2.47%.