It turns out, we all want to eat healthily and live better. At the same time, it also turns out that we want a dose of deep-fried goodness.
The duality of these two extremes has been a big boon for our consumer products pick. Since adding our consumer pick to our Best Dividend Stocks List on June 2016, investors in the stock have managed to recoup a 13.5% return. That’s enough to turn a $10,000 investment into around $11,350 in just over a year.
See our original article on our pick here.
Even better is that the future also looks bright for our pick. Rising natural and organic food choices will continue to buoy our pick here at home, while growing demand for beverages and snack foods in emerging markets will provide plenty of boost to its bottom line for years to come. Add in the potential for mergers and acquisitions activity and you have a recipe for continued long-term dividend success.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Expanding product portfolio that includes 22 billion dollar brands under its umbrella.
- International in focus: operating in more than 200 countries around the world.
- Recorded total free cash flows of $7.8 billion in 2016.
- Recently announced its 45th annual consecutive dividend increase.
- Payout ratio of 62% and growing yield of 2.78%.