Growth has finally returned to the U.S. economy. And that’s a great thing for all matters of businesses. But for our top Best Dividend Stocks List’s real estate pick, it’s an absolute windfall.
Our pick is one of the largest providers of office and so-called flex space in the country. But more importantly, it’s clustered those operations around a few key growing and economically important areas of the nation. With wide swaths of holdings in California, the Washington D.C. Metro Area and even tech-heavy Seattle, our pick has the ability to continue growing as the economy takes off.
See our original article on our pick here.
Already our pick has generated great profits for investors in the short time since adding the stock to our coveted list of best dividend stocks. But the best days could be ahead. That’s because global growth is finally taking off. With GDP estimates across the world now positive, our pick with its warehouse, office and flex space in key market areas will benefit as business activity increases. In the end, that will continue to support the firm’s great dividend and cash-flow growth.
To summarize, here are five reasons why you should own this stock:
- Largest owner of critical office/industrial flex space in the United States.
- Has grown its quarterly dividend payout 240% since its spin-off/IPO in 1998, including a 13%+ increase at the beginning of this year.
- Average annual total shareholder return has managed to beat the S&P 500 over the last five-, ten- and fifteen-year periods.
- Fortress-like balance sheet with low debt, strong coverage ratios and no debt maturing this year.
- Healthy payout ratio of 55% and Treasury bond-beating yield of 2.57%.