Last week, five major REITs and financial stocks saw steady gains on our Most Watched Stocks List. The sixth largest bank in North America, Toronto Dominion Bank (TD ), saw a gain of one place, while monthly dividend payer Realty Income Corp (O ) also saw its rank improve by the same.
The general sentiment in the market over the last week was very pessimistic on financial stocks, since there is uncertainty as to when the next rate hike could come. Inflation has stayed within the range that the Fed would like, which puts further headwinds on a rate hike. In spite of this, financials and REITs rose in rankings. Let’s look at the main talking points for some of the major stocks that moved up last week:
- Wells Fargo (WFC ) is again being investigated for business malpractices by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), this time for closing real accounts.
- TD Bank raised 30-year-loan interest rates.
- Monthly dividend champion Realty Income Corp is going ex-dividend next week.
- Omega Healthcare (OHI ) continued to remain a long candidate after it went ex-div. last week.
- Main Street (MAIN ) goes ex-dividend again, but this time with an increased dividend compared to the last payout.
Check out the rank changes that were seen in the Most Watched Stocks List last week here.
Our Most Watched Stocks List is a user-generated, interest-based ranking of dividend-paying stocks. Generated by our Premium members’ watchlists, it’s aggregated and ranked by the most watched criteria.
The list has been designed to help income investors navigate the top dividend stocks being tracked by one of the world’s most advanced investing communities. The stocks are generated by our Premium members’ watchlists, giving you a real-time snapshot of buying interest in the market.