After years of stalling, the global economy is starting to grind forward in a meaningful way. For our Best Dividend Stocks List pick in industrial and electrical manufacturing, this has been a major boon. Since adding our pick back in December, the stock has gone on to produce an 8.78% gain for investors – enough to turn a $10,000 investment into $10,878.
See our original article on our pick here.
Driving that hefty total return has been the firm’s extensive moat serving multiple industries, including aerospace, transportation, electrical utility/grid and even the golf industry. Add in a lucrative tax-inversion done at the right time, as well as a boost from President Trump, and our pick has the goods to keep going in the future as the world’s economy expands.
To summarize, here are 5 reasons why you should own this stock:
- Expanding product portfolio that taps into a variety of mega-trends such as population growth, energy efficiency and automation.
- Low corporate tax rate versus rivals, thanks to its well-timed tax-inversion.
- Recorded total revenues of close to $20 billion in 2016, with about half of those coming from outside the U.S.
- Has been paying consistent quarterly dividends since 1923.
- Healthy payout ratio of 52% and growing yield of 3.23%.