Shares of Finish Line (FINL ) soared on Friday morning after the company reported fourth quarter results that beat analysts’ estimates.
FiNL's Earnings in Brief
- FINL reported earnings of $40.8 million, down from $43.0 million, last year. EPS remained unchanged at 87 cents.
- Excluding special items, earnings were 88 cents per share, above analysts’ view of 85 cents per share.
- Revenue increased 6.3% to $551.35 million from $518.87 million. Analysts expected to see sales of $550.34 million.
- Comparable store sales for the period increased 2.6%, which beat expectations.
- The company also announced a repurchase plan to buyback 5 million shares.
“Our fourth-quarter results, especially for our core business, represent a solid finish to a disappointing year,” Chief Executive Glenn Lyon said
The company paid its last 9 cent dividend on March 16. We expect the company to declare its next dividend in April.
Shares of FINL were up 81 cents, or 3.38% during premarket trading. The stock down 1.52% YTD.