FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question that isn't addressed on this page please contact us.
Most Popular Questions
All Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Dividend.com Premium?Dividend.com Premium is a dividend-centric online stock subscription service. It is the most popular dividend-focused service on the web, counting thousands of retail investors as well as big-name money managers among its subscribers.
Dividend.com Premium provides members with dividend stock recommendations, alerts, data, and much more. To view everything our service has to offer and to sign up for a free two-week trial (no credit card required), please click here to sign up.
- How does the Dividend.com Premium Free Trial Work?We offer a no-obligation two-week free trial of Dividend.com Premium for new users. The free trial includes 100% free access to all Dividend.com Premium features, so you can truly evaluate all of the benefits of our service.
There's also no credit card required for the trial, and you can sign up here.
When your two-week free trial expires, you will not be billed or charged for anything. Your account will simply expire on its own and you do not need to take any further action.
- What does a Dividend.com Premium subscription include?A subscription to Dividend.com Premium includes access to several exclusive benefits, including:
- Our daily Dividend Stock Email Newsletter,
- Access to our industry-leading Best Dividend Stocks list,
- Proprietary DARS Ratings on nearly 1,600 dividend-paying stocks,
- Exclusive tools like our new Monthly Dividend Income Generator and Dividend Portfolio Generator,
- Unlimited Access to our Ex-Dividend Date Calendar,
- Over 50 years of historical dividend data,
- Create custom watchlists of dividend stocks to track news and price movements,
- ...and much more.
Dividend Stock Ratings
- Why don't you rate certain stocks?Because of the structure of our ratings system, we currently only cover traditional dividend-paying equities that trade on U.S.-based stock exchanges. Please note that we do not cover:
- Non-dividend stocks,
- Over-the-counter (OTC) stocks (pink sheets),
- ETFs, closed-end funds, and other non-traditional equities,
- Any stocks that do not provide regular, reliable dividend data in the form of press releases.
- When do I need to own a stock by in order to receive its next scheduled dividend?You must own a stock before its ex-dividend date in order to receive the next dividend. For more information on dividend dates, please visit our dedicated section in the Dividend Stock Library.
- How long must I hold a stock after its Ex-Dividend Date to receive the dividend?Generally speaking, you can sell a stock on its ex-dividend date and still receive the next dividend. Always consult with your broker first, however, as they may have non-standard clearing policies.
For more information on dividend dates, please visit our dedicated section in the Dividend Stock Library.
- Why haven't you updated the dividend dates for Stock XYZ?We update our dividend data on a daily basis, normally on the same day that new dividend dates/payouts are announced. Please bear in mind that many companies may wait several weeks, or even months, to announce their next dividend date/payout.
In fact, some companies may opt to wait until mere days before the planned ex-dividend date to make their announcement.
- How can I find a list of dividend dates?Please consult our Ex-Dividend Date Calendar to see what stocks will pay dividends in the near future.
You can also enter a stock symbol in the upper left hand corner of any page ("Company or Symbol") to view the stock's profile page, which contains all of its dividend data.
- Should I buy or sell Stock XYZ?Unfortunately, we are not investment advisors and thus cannot offer personalized investment advice. The materials published on our site are intended for discussion purposes only, and reflect only the opinion(s) of the author(s).
- How long has Dividend.com been in operation?The idea for Dividend.com was conceived in late 2007, and our website went live in mid-2008. Since then, we've grown to service hundreds of thousands of investors per month, while several thousand investors have subscribed to our Dividend.com Premium service.