- TIF posted a Q4 net loss of $103.6 million or 81 cents per share, compared to net income of $179.64 million, or $1.40 per share, a year ago.
- Excluding special items, earnings were $1.47 per share, compared to $1.40 per share last year.
- Revenue increased to $1.3 billion from $1.235 billion last year.
- On average, analysts expected to see earnings of $1.52 per share and $1.31 billion in revenue.
- Looking forward, the company expects to see FY2014 earnings between $4.05 and $4.15 per share, while analysts expect to see FY2014 earnings of $4.28 per share.
Michael J. Kowalski, chairman and CEO, commented: "We are proud of our performance this past year. Sales and operating earnings (excluding the arbitration-related charge) rose to record levels. Sales growth was led by fine and statement jewelry, new or expanded jewelry collections including the ATLAS, ZIEGFELD, and HARMONY collections, and continuing strength in our iconic jewelry designs. Tiffany's marketing communications more effectively engaged global consumers wherever they shopped, our distribution network was expanded by 14 additional stores, and everywhere the store experience was enhanced by improved visual merchandising. And we made important additions to our management team to strengthen our ability to capitalize on the global growth opportunities before us."TIF's Dividend TIF declared its last 34 cent quarterly dividend on February 20. The dividend will be payable on April 10 and went ex-dividend on March 18. We expect TIF to declare its next dividend in May. Stock Performance Tiffany & Co. shares were down $3.07, or 3.37%, during pre-market trading Friday. The stock is down 1.74% YTD.